Toronto Pearson International Airport
Toronto Pearson Airport
Toronto Pearson Airport is the branded name of Lester B. Pearson International Airport (IATA code: YYZ). The airport is often referred to as Pearson or Pearson Airport.
YYZ is the primary international airport serving Toronto, the capital of Canada, and the province of Ontario. Toronto Pearson is the largest and busiest airport in Canada, and the second-busiest international gateway to the Americas.
Pearson Airport is the primary hub for Air Canada, a hub for WestJet, and an operating base for Air Transat and Sunwing Airlines.
An extensive network of domestic flights is operated from the airport by several airlines to all major and many secondary cities across Canada. Find out more on our domestic flights within Canada page.
Toronto Pearson is 22.5 kilometres (14.0 mi) northwest of Downtown Toronto. The majority of the airport is situated in the city of Mississauga.
- Eating and drinking: There are a number of eating options, from take-away and fast/food counters to sit down dining options.
- WiFi: Free WiFi is available at Toronto Airport, throughout the terminal buildings.
- Family Services: There are Children Play Areas, Family Washrooms, and Nursing Facilities throughout the terminal buildings.
- Information Desk: An information desk can be found inside the Arrivals hall.
- Charging Ports: Mobile Charging is available at the gates and some seats have charging ports.
- ATMs: ATMs are available, both Airside and Landside.
- Currency Exchange: Services provided by ICE, which has kiosks in both terminals.
- Prayer Rooms: An interfaith chapel can be found in both terminals.
- Showers: Shower facilities are available; fees apply.
- Spa Facilities: Services available include chair massages, table massages, nail services, waxing and facials. The spa is located in terminal three.
Plaza Premium Lounge: There are three Plaza Premium Lounges in Terminal 1, in the International, USA Departures, and Domestic areas. There are also three Plaza Premium Lounges in Terminal 3, in the International, USA Departures, and Domestic areas. Pay at the door for access. Complimentary facilities include: Air con, drinks (including alcohol), fax, flight monitors, food (buffet) WiFi, newspapers and magazines, showers, telephones, TVs.
Air France KLM Lounge: The lounge is accessible to passengers on Terminal 3 International departure flights only and open 8:00AM -12:00AM. Complimentary facilities include: Air con, drinks (including alcohol), fax, flight monitors, WiFi, newspapers and magazines, telephones, TVs.
American Airlines Admirals Club: Located Terminal 3, Airside, and open 5:00AM – 8:00PM (Sun – Fri) • 5:00AM – 7:30PM (Sat). Complimentary facilities include Air con, snacks, TVs, WiFi, workstation, and hotspot printing.
Book Lounge Passes for Toronto Pearson International Airport
Did you know that you can buy lounge passes for Toronto Pearson Airport with Alternative Airlines? You can purchase them for Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures), Plaza Premium Lounge (USA Transborder), Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures), Air France - KLM Lounge, Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures), and Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures).
Toronto Pearson has five runways. 05/23, 06L/24R, 06R/24L, 15L/33R, 15R/33L. There are a vast number taxiways, which provide access between the runways and the passenger terminals, air cargo areas, and airline hangar areas.
Toronto Pearson International Airport has two public terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. A third public terminal, called the Infield Concourse, is used as an extension of Terminal 3. Both terminals handle domestic and international flights, meaning Terminal operations at Pearson a are grouped via airline and airline alliances, rather than for domestic and international routes.
- Terminal 1: Air Canada and all Star Alliance airlines are based at Terminal 1. Emirates is the only non-alliance airline that uses the terminal.
- Terminal 3: Terminal 3 is used by all SkyTeam and Oneworld airlines, as well as all other airlines that are unaffiliated with an airline alliance.
Travelling between terminals: the airport's Link Train is an automated people mover, enabling inter-terminal transportation. It runs between Terminal 1, Terminal 3, and the Viscount Value Park Lot, connecting to the airport terminals at Toronto Pearson Terminal 1 station and Toronto Pearson Terminal 3 station. The Link train operates 24-hours a day, with trains departing from all stations every 4 to 8 minutes.
Airlines that fly to Toronto Pearson Airport
Air Canada Express
Air Canada Rouge
Avianca Costa Rica
China Eastern Airlines
China Southern Airlines
Delta Air Lines
LOT Polish Airlines
Pakistan International Airlines
TAP Air Portugal
Ukraine International Airlines
How to get to Toronto Pearson Airport
Taxi ranks can be found outside each terminal. Fares are based on a zone map, which divide up the area between GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and Out-of-Town tariffs, and are charged according to time and distance.
The Union Pearson Express (UP Express) is an express train that runs between the airport and downtown Toronto in just 25 minutes. Trains are regular, departing every 15 minutes between the hours of 5:30am and 1:00am.
By Hotel Shuttle
Staying in a hotel in Toronto? A number of hotels offer a free airport shuttle service for their guests.
By Car Rental
There are a number of car rental agencies that operate on-site. They can be found on Level 1 of the parking garages, located next to Terminals 1 and 3. Companies include Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
We’re super proud of our Trustpilot rating, but don’t just take it from us. See why millions of others love booking their flights through Alternative Airlines