Please click on the logos below to find out more about the airlines that fly similar routes to Tigerair Australia, including Fly Corporate, Virgin Austalia and Jetstar:
Tiger Airways Australia, officially known as Tigerair Australia, was an Australian airline low-cost airline based in Melbourne, Australia. The airline began operations in November 2007 from its hub in Melbourne, Victoria and is subsidiary of Virgin Australia. Tigerair Australia then opened a second base in Sydney in July 2012 and a third base in Brisbane in March 2014. At its peak, Tigerair Australia flew to 20 destinations across Australia, as well as flying internationally to Denpasar, Indonesia.
In July 2013, the airline re-branded to Tigerair Australia and the joint venture between Tiger Airways Holdings and the Virgin Australia Group was launched, with Virgin Australia acquiring 60% of Tigerair Australia. These two milestones signalled a new era for Tigerair in Australia. In February 2015, the Virgin Australia Group completed the acquisition of the remaining 40% and Tigerair Australia became a fully owned subsidiary of Virgin Australia Holdings.
In March 2020, Tigerair Australia suspended its operations due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Its parent company, Virgin Australia went into administration. And, when Virgin Australia was sold later in the same year, it's new owners decided to discontinue the Tiger Australia.
Tiger Australia operated domestically across 19 domestic routes (21 with the addition of new routes Brisbane – Whitsunday Coast and Brisbane to Perth launching in 2017) and to 12 destinations around Australia. The airline operated over 400 domestic flights per week, with around 72,000 seats per week available.
In addition to this, the airline also flew to Denpasar, Indonesia. This was its only international destination.
Passengers on Tigerair Australia were entitled to one item of carry-on baggage plus an additional small bag, such as a handbag, camera or laptop. The item off carry-on baggage must weigh no more than 7kg and must fit within the dimensions of 54 x 38 x 23cm.
Checked baggage was available to purchase. The amount and pricing of baggage will depend on the route that you're flying. No one piece of baggage could weigh more than 30kg.
Passengers could check-in online by visiting the Tigerair Australia online check-in page and entering their booking reference and flight departure date/city. Online check-in was open from 72 hours up until one hour before scheduled flight departure time.
Passengers could check-in for their Tigerair Australia flight up until 45 minutes before scheduled flight departure time. Passengers could choose to either visit a Tigerair Australia check-in counter or use the self-service kiosk to check-in. We recommend you arrive at least one hour and a half before your flight if you choose to check-in at the airport to give enough time before your flight departs.
Tigerair Australia only flew with an Economy Class cabin. The Economy cabin was perfect for simple, short flights around Australia. Giving passengers comfort throughout their journey. The airline had a professional cabin crew onboard every flight, who were available to deal with any requests or answer any questions that passengers might have had throughout the flight.
Seats were set out in a 3 x 3 formation. The airline offered standard Economy seats, as well as seats with extra legroom and 'Up Front' seats. Up Front seats were the same as standard Economy in terms of size and legroom but were nearer the front of the plane so the passengers were among the first to exit.
Tigerair Australia offered food and drink to purchase throughout the flight. Although, the offering was fairly basic, with no in-flight meals. Instead, it offered snacks such as sandwiches, potato chips and chocolate, as well as a variety of hot and cold drinks.
Tigerair Australia operated with a fleet that was mixed with Boeing and Airbus planes. The airline flew with eight Airbus A320-200 and six Boeing 737-800.
TigerAir Australia was based at Brisbane Airport, which is the primary airport serving Brisbane and South East Queensland. Over 31 airlines serve the airport who fly to over 50 domestic and international destinations. Brisbane Airport also serves as a hub for Virgin Australia and a secondary hub for Qantas and Jetstar. Other airlines that fly to Brisbane Airport include Link Airways, Air Niugini, Nauru Airlines, Samoa Airways and Solomon Airlines.
Buy Tigerair Australia flight tickets on layby with PayPal Credit or with PayPal when booking through Alternative Airlines. It's easy to buy layby flights with Alternative Airlines, the flight booking website when using PayPal Credit. You can also find all the ways to pay Tigerair flights on layby with all the options of buying flights on finance. You can also get a discounted tickets with PayPal promo codes.