Dalian Airlines is a domestic and international airline operating scheduled passenger flights from Dalian, in China. The airline is based at Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport, which serves Dalia, a major sub-provincial port city in the Liaoning province, China. Dalian Airlines launched operations in December 2011, with its first flight from Dalian to Shenzhen. As well as scheduled passenger flights, the airline also operates cargo operations.
Dalian Airlines is jointly owned by Air China, which holds an 80% stake, and Dalian Baoshui Zhengtong Co, which holds the remaining 20%. Dalian Airlines provides both passenger and cargo services.
If you're looking to book flights to China, Alternative Airlines is the site for you. We ticket all major carriers, as well as many of the smaller domestic carriers around the world. Simply use the search bar at the top of the page to begin. Book flights in English, with the support of our expert customer service team.
Top Tip: If you're looking to book flights within China, take a look at our guide to domestic flights within China for more information, including an airline guide and FAQs.
Dalian Airlines has a different baggage policy for carry-on and checked baggage.
All passengers may carry one piece of carry-on baggage, which must not exceed 5 kg in weight. Carry-on bags must not exceed 55 cm, 40 cm, or 20 cm in length, width, and height.
The complimentary baggage allowance will depend on the route being operated. Please note that following information is a guide; baggage allowance will be confirmed during the booking process, when it will also be possible to add additional baggage to your booking.
The free checked baggage for passengers with a first-class ticket is 40 kg. For passengers flying with a business class ticket, the allowance is 30 kg. Economy class passengers are entitled to 20 kilograms of baggage allowance. An excess baggage fee will be charged at the airport for baggage which weighs more.
Passengers flying with Dalian airlines must check-in for their flight at the airport.
Online check-in is not currently available.
The airline recommends that passengers arrive as early as possible, usually about 2 hours before scheduled departure.
The airline serves a domestic network, linking its Dalian hub with Chinese provincial capitals and tourist hotspots. Internationally, Dalian Airlines also flies to Japan and South Korea.
Dalian Airlines flies to the following domestic destinations within China:
If you're looking to fly domestically within China, China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines are also based at Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport. Other domestic airlines include Shandong Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, and Shenzhen Airlines. Please click on the logos below to find out more about airlines that fly similar routes:
We’re super proud of our Trustpilot rating, but don’t just take it from us. See why millions of others love booking their flights through Alternative Airlines
No way, really?! Yes! We’ve partnered with some amazing BNPL payment providers to allow you to pay for your flights over time, with ease.
Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport (IATA: DLC) is an international airport serving the city of Dalian, in Liaoning Province, China. The airport is located about 6 miles northwest of the city center. As well as being the hub for Dalian Airlines, the airport is a focus city for China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines. Other major international airlines to operate from the airport include China Eastern Airlines, Tianjin Airlines, Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, and Asiana Airlines.
The airline's fleet consists entirely of Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Within the Boeing 737-800, seats in the Economy cabin are configured in a 3-3 formation.
Members of Air China's Phoenix Miles frequent flyer scheme can accumulate miles on scheduled flights operated by Dalian Airlines. Points can also be redeemed on flights operated by Dalian Airlines. This is thanks to Dalian's alliance with Air China, which holds a 80% stake in the regional carrier.
When you book through Alternative Airlines, we give you the option to add flight insurance to any booking. This entitles you to a refund if you need to cancel your flight for a number of unexpected circumstances. For this extra peace-of-mind, simply select 'Cancellation Protection' to your booking at checkout.