Air Passenger Rights
What can I do if I have been downgraded on my flight?
According to Civil Aviation Authority, if your airline downgrades you to a lower class from the one you were for example premium, first or business class, you are entitled to compensation of a percentage of the price for the flight on which you were downgraded. See our guide on information on the involuntary downgrades for more information.
The table below shows how this is calculated:
|Length of journey
|Up to 1500km
||30% of the flight price
||50% of the flight price
|More than 3500km
|| 75% of the flight price
How long does a flight have to be delayed for compensation?
Flight destinations within the EU
- € 250 compensation for a delayed flight of up to 1500 km
- € 400 compensation for a delayed flight of more than 1500 km
- Flight destinations outside the EU
Flight destinations outside the EU
- €250 compensation for a delayed flight of up to 1500 km
- € 400 compensation for a delayed flight from 1500 km to 3500 km
- € 600 compensation for a delayed flight of more than 3500 km
In case of flight delays between three and four hours and a distance of 3500 km or more, you are liable to get 50% of the compensation.
How do I make a complaint against an airline?
You can make a complaint with the airline directly, but also ensure to make a complaint with the Department of Transportation as well.