How does PARAFE work?
1. You will first need to proceed to the automated gate when directed by the green light.
2. Scan your passport as directed by the machine, ensuring it is placed the right way up and on the correct page.
3. The computer inside the eGate will read the chip in your passport, and all the data that it contains. The gate will go green when it has correctly read your passport. Proceed into the doors and look at the camera.
3. The camera will then take a picture of you, which will verify if it is you based on biometric patterns of the image, compared to the data on the passport chip.
4. Once the computer has verified that you match your passport, the gate will open where you can proceed with your journey.
Who can use PARAFE?
To be able to use the PARAFE eGates, passengers must have a French, EU, EEA or Swiss passport that has been chipped. The passports must also be biometric, which you can identify by the logo on the front.
You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for PARAFE.
You must be a national of one of the EUs 28 countries, or Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.