Explore the latest news and press releases from Alternative Airlines, access resources and download the Alternative Airlines media pack.
26 FEBRUARY 2024
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES PARTNERS WITH TAMARA
Alternative Airlines, a global flight search and booking site, is pleased to announce its partnership with Tamara, the leading 'Buy Now, Pay Later' (BNPL) brand in the region. This partnership aims to provide flexible payment options for travellers seeking the best flight fares. Initially launching in Saudi Arabia, the partnership plans to extend its services to residents in the UAE and Kuwait at a later stage.
- The idea: In a bar in Russia, two friends from the Charter Broking industry were having a chat about small airlines that fly to lesser-known regions. A few drinks in, they came to the realisation that no one was offering these airlines as alternative flight options online!
- Alternative Airlines was born: Once back in the UK, the two friends set out to build a fast, easy and convenient online booking platform with a goal to offer every single airline in the world. They would name it ‘Alternative Airlines’.
- The AA team: By combining a team of fantastic minds, Alternative Airlines continued to develop its flight booking platform and offer excellent customer service.
- Caffè latte for everyone: Alternative Airlines welcomed its very first coffee machine to the office — essential to fuel all the hard work that the team was putting in!
- 100 airlines: Alternative Airlines celebrated the milestone of 100 airlines available on its website! But, even with airlines covering all parts of the world, there was still plenty more to do…
- PayPal: With the introduction of PayPal on the website, customers were given a simple, safe and secure way to pay for their flights.
- Nando’s Friday:Alternative Airlines began the tradition of ordering in an office lunch from their favourite flame-grilled peri-peri styled chicken restaurant on the last Friday of every month.
- More payment methods: An influx of international payment methods was added to the website, including mobile payments and financing options.
- More currencies too: By giving the choice to view flight prices and pay in nearly every currency in the world, Alternative Airlines took a huge step in expanding its global reach.
- A new platform with 500 airlines: Alternative Airlines launched its new and improved website, with a personalised booking experience and 500 airlines on offer.
- A bigger office: After doubling the team in the space of a year, Alternative Airlines had no choice but to move into a bigger, shinier and more stylish office — right at the end of the runway at Gatwick Airport!
- The world changed: Covid shocked the world and flights were grounded. But, Alternative Airlines adapted and made loads of improvements to its flight booking experience to meet the change in the way that people travel.
- Global expansion: Alternative Airlines launches new payment options to bring greater convenience and flexibility to customers globally. This includes Buy Now, Pay Later and monthly financing, as well as e-wallets and even cryptocurrency.’
- More choice: Alternative Airlines launches its own innovative technology to offer customers more flight options per route. Today, the booking site provides a full ticketing service on 600+ airlines, with over 40+ ways to pay across 160 currencies.